NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko’s PosiTest® AIR Leak Tester quickly and easily detects air and water leaks in building envelopes and rigid air barrier systems. Ideal for testing penetrations (fasteners, masonry ties, etc.) and continuity of joints and seams in rigid air barrier systems.
For use with…
- Single and two-ply membranes
- Liquid applied membranes
- Sprayed Polyurethane Foam (SPF)
- Metal Liners
- Exterior Insulation and Finish Systems (EIFS)
- EPDM roofing systems
- Waterproofing and more
Features of the PosiTest AIR Leak Tester:
- Automatic mode depressurizes the test chamber at a selectable rate and limit; Manual mode allows the user to control the rate of depressurization
- Internal memory stores up to 200 test results with rate, time duration, limit and user-entered Pass/Fail conclusion
- Portable, lightweight tester can be used in any position
- Environmentally sealed enclosure – dustproof and waterproof
- Built-in rechargeable batteries perform up to 200 tests per charge. Continue testing with AC power while batteries recharge – supplied with universal AC adapter
- High accuracy pressure sensor
- Conforms to National Standards including ASTM E1186*
- Each kit comes with everything needed for testing
- Includes FREE downloadable PosiSoft 3.0 Desktop Software for PC
- One year warranty
*ASTM E1186 Standard Practices for Air Leakage Site Detection in Building Envelopes and Air Barrier Systems
HOW IT WORKS
The portable, hand-operated PosiTest AIR Leak Tester tests the air barrier integrity of single, two-ply and liquid membrane systems, including air barriers, roofing systems, waterproofing and ground liners by locating leaks.
In accordance with ASTM E1186, the PosiTest AIR will indicate whether leaks exist in the test area. It is a simple Pass/Fail test.
Quick Overview – Performing a Test
1. Apply the PosiTest AIR Test Solution to the test area
2. Place the clear Test Chamber over the test area
3. Initiate the test (depressurize the chamber)
The location of an air leak is indicated by bubbling of the Test Solution. An estimate of the relative size of the leak can be made based on the size and speed with which the bubbles form. The image below demonstrates an air leak is present: (FAIL test result). Upon completion of the test, the maximum pressure differential and duration of the test will flash on the display.
4. Store Test Result (optional)
The PosiTest AIR’s internal memory can store up to 200 test results which can be transferred to a PC using PosiSoft 3.0 Desktop Software. Test results include rate of depressurization, pressure differential limit, time duration and user-entered PASS/FAIL conclusion.