NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko’s PosiTest DFT-C is an economical and user-friendly electronic coating thickness gauge for measuring non-magnetic coatings on steel, and non-conductive coatings on non-ferrous substrates including aluminum, and stainless steel. PosiTest DFT automatically recognizes the substrate, and measures the coating thickness. PosiTest DFT retains the uncompromising quality of DeFelsko coating thickness and inspection instruments.
The PosiTest DFT is ideal for Powder Coaters, Paint Applicators, Coating Inspectors, Painting Contractors, Automotive Refinishers and Detailers. PosiTest DFT is the ideal Automotive Paint Gauge. Small and easy to use, PosiTest DFT measures paint thickness on new or pre-owned automobiles, making it perfect for automotive refinishers and detailers, and to identify collision damage or refinish work on used vehicles.*
Range: 1 – 40 mils/1 – 1000 microns
Accuracy: + (0.1 mils + 3%) or + (2 microns + 3%)
- Ready-to-measure; no calibration required for most applications
- One-handed operation
- High-contrast, colour LCD with adjustable display brightness for optimal visibility in any environment
- Auto-rotating display with rotation lock
- Fast, repeatable measurements of 60+ readings per minute
- Measuring range of 0 – 40 mils/1000 µm, with accuracy of + 0.1 mils (2µm) + 3% of the reading
- Simple, icon-based on-screen menu
- ZERO feature for rough or curved surfaces
- RESET feature when no zero reference is available
- 1-point Calibration Adjustment for rough or curved surfaces
- On-screen averaging for up to 99 readings
- Audible and visible measurement indication
- V-groove in probe for positioning on cylindrical parts
- Strong, wear-resistant, ruby-tipped probe
- Can be used in all types of weather conditions
- Mils/microns switchable
- Basic instructions on the back of each gauge
- Long-form Certificate of Calibration traceable to PTB
- 2-year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in materials or workmanship
*The PosiTest DFT automotive paint thickness gauge is approved by major Dealer Equipment Programs such as Toyota, GM, BMW, Nissan, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, and Volkswagen.
PosiTest DFT conforms to: ISO 2178/2360/2808, ISO 19840, ASTM B244/B499/D7091/ E376/G12, BS3900-C5, SSPC-PA2 and others.
Stone Tucker Instruments is able to recertify your PosiTest DFT Combo or Ferrous Coating Thickness Gauge.