NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko PosiTest® G Coating Thickness Gauge is an easy-to-use magnetic pull-off gauge (banana gauge) for measuring cured coatings on steel. PosiTest is explosion proof, making it safe for use in refineries and similar applications.
The PosiTest Coating Thickness Gauge offers a dial indicator in mils or microns, with scales for thinner non-magnetic coatings like galvanizing, or thicker coatings up to 80 mils on steel. PosiTest features a rugged housing that is impact, water, acid, and solvent-resistant. V-grooves on the probe end permit measurement of coatings on cylindrical objects. PosiTest is lightweight and compact, and is balanced so that it works in any position.
- Wear-resistant carbide probe for long life and continuous accuracy
- Easy calibration adjustment
- Housing not affected by mechanical shock, water, acid or solvents
- Design ensures instrument stability for reliable readings
- Explosion proof and refinery safe
- Visual and audible indicators when reading is established
- Compact, lightweight, precisely-balanced independent of gravity – can be used in any position
- Go/no-go button can be preset for rapid measurement
- One-finger operation
PosiTest is available in four scales:
- PosiTest FM: 0 – 80 mils; tolerance of +/- 0.2 mils to 4 mils, +/- 5% of reading over 4 mils
- PosiTest F: 0 – 2000 microns; tolerance of +/- 5 microns up to 100 microns, +/- 5% of reading over 100 microns
- PosiTest GM: 0 – 8 mils; tolerance +/- .04 mils up to .8 mils, +/- 5% of reading over .8 mils
- PosiTest G: 0 – 200 microns; tolerance +/- 1 micron up to 20 microns, +/- 5% of reading over 20 microns
Stone Tucker Instruments is able to recertify your PosiTest Coating Thickness Gauge, as well as all other brands of magnetic pull-off coating thickness gauges (banana gauges).