NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko PosiTector BHI Barcol Hardness Impressor is designed to measure hardness by indentation of softer metals such as aluminum, alloys, copper, brass, and others; harder plastics, and fibre-reinforced plastics. Compatible with PosiTector Standard gauges with colour display, PosiTector Advanced gauges with serial numbers greater than 784,000, and with all PosiSoft Software Solutions.
Barcol Hardness testing is used in a variety of applications, including aluminum forgings and castings, non-reinforced rigid plastics, fibre and glass-reinforced plastices (FRP & GRP), hard thermo-plastics (duroplastics), and the degree of cure of composite materials.
The PosiTector BHI Barcol Hardness Impressor couples ease of use with the advantages of the PosiTector gauge body: storage, viewing, and download of hardness values, which can be incorporated into customized reports using DeFelsko’s suite of PosiSoft Software Solutions. Additional features unique to the PosiTector BHI include the ability to set a test time duration for testing materials requiring a particular length of time under impression, and automatic sub-batching of desired number of sample readings, grouping readings from each location together in the memory in Advanced Gauge Bodies.
The PosiTector BHI includes an indentor tip precisely machined with a 26° angled tip. Visually inspect the tip for damage at the beginning of each work shift or if the gauge is dropped or suspected of giving erroneous readings. If the indentor becomes worn or damaged, a replacement indentor is included. Using the enclosed indentor replacement tool, unscrew the damaged indentor, and replace. Tighten the new indentor and verify gauge operation before testing. A ZERO, 1 Pt, or 2 Pt Cal Adjust may be required.
- Conforms to national and international standards including ASTM B648/D2583, DIN EN 59, and AS/NZS 3572.22
- Lightweight, portable device can be used in any orientation
- User-adjustable measurement time with onscreen countdown
- RESET feature instantly restores factory settings
- Hi-RES mode increases displayed resolution for use on applications that require greater precision
- 1 and 2 point calibration options with Cal Reset to restore factory settings
- Selectable display languages
- High contrast LCD with backlit display
- Auto-rotating display with Flip Lock enables right-side-up viewing
- Every stored measurement is date and time-stamped
- Continually displays/updates average, standard deviation, min/max hardness and number of readings while measuring
- Screen Capture – save screen images for record keeping and review
- HiLo alarm audibly and visibly alerts when measurements exceed user-specified limits
- Easy-to-read digital display
- Solvent, acid, oil, water and dust resistant – weatherproof
- Shock-absorbing, protective rubber holster with belt clip
- Sealed USB Port for fast, simple connection to a PC and to supply continuous power
- Software Updates via web keep your gauge current
- Includes PosiSoft Suite of Software for viewing and reporting data
- Uses alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- PosiSoft USB Drive allows stored readings and graphs can be accessed using universal PC/Mac web browsers or file explorers
The PosiTector BHI with a Standard Gauge (BHI1) includes the features above plus memory storage of up to 1,000 readings per probe, which can be viewed or downloaded via USB.
PosiTector BHI Advanced Gauge (BHI3) includes the features above plus:
- Storage of 250,000 readings from multiple probes in up to 1,000 batches and sub-batches
- Auto Sub-Batch—automatically create sub-batches after the required number of readings are taken
- Live graphing of measurement data
- Touchscreen keyboard for renaming batches and adding notes
- Store thickness, profile, environmental, salt contamination, hardness and wall thickness measurements in individual batches
- WiFi technology wirelessly synchronizes with PosiSoft.net and downloads software updates
- Bluetooth 4.0 Technology for data transfer to a mobile device running the PosiTector App or optional portable printer; BLE API available for integration into third-party software
Stone Tucker Instruments is able to recertify your PosiTector BHI Barcol Impressors.