NEW TITLE HERE
Tramex Skipper 5 Moisture Meter will detect excess moisture non-destructively through paint and coatings on wood up to a depth of 1.25″. Excess moisture in the hull surface of wooden or glass-reinforced plastic boats causes failure of protective laminates and damage to structure. The Skipper 5 enables early detection of moisture that can cause costly coating failures and structural damage, as well as checking stripped or peeled sections of hull prior to re-coating, and identifying areas of osmosis before blisters appear or identifying wet cores in sandwich or cored structures.
The Tramex Skipper 5 has three ranges of non-destructive sensitivity for hard wood, shallow depth, and GRP. Deep signal penetration of up to 1 1/4″ (30mm) in wood and G.R.P. Shallow depth scale has a field penetration of up to 0.4 inches (10mm).
This unit offers a wide range of readings of 5 – 30% on Wood Scale and 0 – 100 comparative reference scale for GRP.
Tramex’ Skipper 5 has three measuring ranges designed for testing different materials used in small vessel construction.
Skipper Plus Moisture Meter includes the following features:
- Identifies areas of osmosis in GRP hulls before blisters appear
- Confirms whether wooden boats are dry enough for painting or varnishing
- Trace deck and bulkhead leaks
- Large, clear display
- Hold function enables recording of readings
- High-Moisture audio alarm
- Soft rubber electrodes for direct-surface contact without scratching or marring paint
- Battery operated (battery included)
- Automatic power-off when not in use