NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko PosiTest HHD High Voltage Holiday Detector uses pulse DC technology and offers a user-adjustable voltage range from 0.5 to 35 kV for detecting holidays in coatings up to 20 mm (780 mils).
Discontinuities in protective coatings allow contaminants to access the substrate through the coating flaws, causing corrosion of the substrate and coatings adhesion failures. Identification of pinholes, bubbles, and other porosity during coatings inspection, allows the coatings contractor to take remedial action to correct the flaws during the final application phase, preventing costly and avoidable coatings failures and warranty work.
The versatile PosiTest HHD can be used as either stick-type or wand-type Porosity Detector, making it suitable for a wider range of application, including coatings and linings on tanks, pipelines, water towers, and waste-water/sewage digesters, bridges, rail cars, ships, storage vessels. Available electrodes include flat brushes (2 – 48”), fan brushes, full-circle pipe coils (4 – 24”). PosiTest HHD features an integrated Peak Reading Voltmeter to continuously measure and display the output voltage while in use. Test Voltage is easily adjusted by the press of a button, or the user can take advantage of the built-in Voltage Calculator to select from a list of commonly-used international standards and the maximum coating thickness being tested in order for PosiTest HHD to calculate the correct Output Voltage*. PosiTest HHD’s regulated voltage output is maintained under normal electrode loading.
*Standards available when using the Voltage Calculator:
- AS 3894.1:F1, F2, F3, F4
- ASTM D4787, D5162, G62
- ISO 29601
- NACE SP0274, SP0188, SP0490
PosiTest HHD High-Voltage Holiday Detector has two primary operating modes:
Standby Mode – the detector is powered-up, but is not generating voltage.
Detection Mode – the detector is generating voltage and analyzing electrode voltage and current to determine if holidays are present. Audible and visual alarms indicate presence of porosity in the coating.
(High-Voltage Holiday Detectors are also referred to as porosity detectors, spark testers, flaw detectors, or jeepers.)
- Lightweight, ergonomic design made from environmentally sealed ABS plastic for maximum durability
- Built-in Peak-Reading Voltmeter (crest meter, jeep meter) with long-form traceable certificate of calibration
- Regulated pulse DC voltage output that won’t change under load — ±5% voltage accuracy
- Available hand-held wand accessory quickly converts the instrument into a wand configuration ideal for testing hard-to-reach areas
- Voltage Calculator feature – choose one of 11 international standards, and input the coating thickness to automatically calculate the required test voltage
- Included Pelican Storm case with custom foam inserts for superior protection
- Removable Smart lithium-ion batteries provide power for up to 40 hours of continuous measurement
- Industry-standard connectors and adaptors for compatibility with nearly all existing electrodes
Stone Tucker Instruments is able to certify and repair all of your high-voltage holiday detectors.