NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko PosiTest LPD Low Voltage Pinhole Detector is used to locate discontinuities in coating systems, including pinholes, cracks, bubbles, or thin spots in cured coatings of up to 20 mils thick (500 µm). Porosity testing of thicker coatings is performed with a high-voltage tester, commonly referred to as holiday detector, porosity detector, spark tester, and sometimes a jeep tester.
Flaws in coating systems permit the intrusion of moisture or potentially corrosive substances that can degrade the substrate and cause early coatings failure. Detection of pinholes, cracks, bubbles, or weak spots enables the coatings contractor to take action to repair the coating before costly degradation or failures occur.
The PosiTest LPD Low Voltage Pinhole Detector can be used to detect holidays in coatings applied to any conductive substrate, including steel and concrete. Light-weight and easy to use, the new PosiTest LPD is available in a basic kit with the standard rectangular sponge, or a complete kit that also includes the hardware for a variety of test applications, including flat surfaces, internal pipes or tubes, and a roller brush option.
- Lightweight, ergonomic design – the PosiTest LPD was specifically designed to fit comfortably in the hand with a balanced weight distribution
- 4 voltage output options conform to international standards
- Automatic self-test verifies voltage calibration
- Regulated voltage outputs will not drop under load
- GroundSense™ visibly reassures the user that the instrument is properly grounded
- Audible and visible alerts when flaws are detected
- Wide range of adaptable sponge hardware for testing a variety of applications
- Common threads and connectors allow for use with existing paint roller extensions
- Headphone jack with earbud for noisy environments
- 3 AAA alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Weatherproof, dustproof and shockproof – meets or exceeds IP65
- Conforms to international standards including: ISO, ASTM, NACE
- Long Form Certificate of Calibration included
Stone Tucker Instruments is able to certify your PosiTest LPD Low Voltage Porosity Detectors.