NEW TITLE HERE
The PCWI Wet Sponge Tester is a Low Voltage Holiday Detector for locating pinholes in coatings. When testing for flaws in coatings under 20 mils thickness, it is recommended to use a Wet Sponge Porosity Detector. Also known as a Thin Film Holiday Detector, Low Voltage Holiday Detector, or Wet Sponge Holiday Detector, the PCWI Low Voltage holiday detector is light-weight, push-button operation, with a telescopic handle to reach those out-of-the-way sections of tanks, structural walls, or other coated surfaces. Every PCWI Wet Sponge Tester is supplied with a manufacturer’s certificate of calibration.
- LED display of voltage
- Internally-mounted 9v battery
- Low battery condition LED indicator
- Audible and visual fault alarms
- Large probe head (230 x 40 mm) and wide sponge for faster tests
- Telescopic handle extends to 1.2 m.
- Earphone jack allows testing in noisy environments. (earphone not supplied)
- Conformable to ASTM G62 – 07 Standard Test Methods for Holiday Detection in Pipeline Coatings;
NACE RP0188-99 Discontinuity (Holiday) Testing Of Protective Coatings
- Range: 1 – 500 microns
- Operating temperature: 1 – +50 *C
- Test Voltage: 9, 67.5, and 90 v
- Telescopic probe length: 350 mm to 1.2 m
- Power supply: 9V battery