NEW TITLE HERE
DeFelsko’s PosiPatch Kit includes a PosiTector SST Probe, 84 μm Conductivity Solution, Metal Magnetic Rings, DI Water, PosiPatch (5), Syringe and Plastic Tip (2), and a hardshell case.
DeFelsko’s PosiTector SST Soluble Salt Tester is the first conductivity probe designed specifically for measurement of total soluble salts using the Bresle Method according to ISO 8502 – 6: Preparation of steel substrates before application of paints and related products — Tests for the assessment of surface cleanliness — Extraction of soluble contaminants for analysis — The Bresle Method.
Salt contamination on surfaces or in blast media can cause degradation of the surface over time, and result in early coatings failure. Detection of soluble salts prior to coatings application is necessary to allow the paint contractor to remove salt contamination from the surface before applying protective coatings. The PosiTector SST Conductivity Probe features a test cell optimized for the range, resolution, and test volume of the Bresle test method for soluble salt contamination. PosiTector SST measures the temperature, volume, and change in conductivity of the sample, calculates surface density, and records the time and duration of the test, in accordance with ISO 8502-6 test method.
The PosiTector SST is ideal for:
- testing substrates for the presence of soluble salts in accordance with ISO 8502-6,9 (Bresle method)
- testing blast media in accordance with ASTM 4940 and ISO 11127-6* (determination of water-soluble contaminates in abrasives by conductivity measurement)
- testing the conductivity of water within the range of 0 – 500 µs/cm
*ASTM 4940 – Standard Test Method for Conductimetric Analysis of Water Soluble Ionic Contamination of Blast Cleaning Abrasives
ISO 11127-6 – Preparation of steel substrates before application of paints and related products — Test methods for non-metallic blast-cleaning abrasives — Part 6: Determination of water-soluble contaminants by conductivity measurement
PosiTector Soluble Salt Tester probe can be used with either the Standard or Advanced PosiTector gauge body, and with virtually any Bresle patch.
- SST probe specifically designed to measure soluble salts in accordance with ISO 8502-6, 9
- On-screen easy 1-2-3 user interface walks users through the Bresle test method
- Displays test duration, sample temperature, conductivity (µs/cm) and surface density (mg/m² or µg/cm²)
- Tracking reporting of test duration, (total time of contact between solvent & substrate) as required by ISO 8502-6
- Automatic calculation of surface density with adjustments for different patch volumes; works with any Bresle-type patch
- Recording of sample temperature as required by ISO 8502-6
- Long-form certificate of calibration traceable to NIST
- Includes certified conductivity standard (calibration solution) to verify probe accuracy; certificate included
- Automatic temperature normalization
- Every stored measurement is date & time stamped
- Screen Capture saves screen images for record-keeping & review
- High-contrast, reversible colour LCD display
- Selectable display languages
- Standard gauge stores 250 readings
- Advanced gauge features:
- stores up to 100,000 readings in up to 1000 batches/sub-batches
- batch annotation & batch naming with on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- WiFi wirelessly synchronizes with PosiSoft.net and downloads software updates
- data transfer via USB to PC, or via Bluetooth to mobile device, PC, or printer
- storage of coating thickness, environmental, surface profile, durometer hardness, wall thickness and salt contamination measurements in individual batches
- Rugged, stainless steel electrodes; ideal for industrial environments
- Software updates via internet keep gauge firmware current
- PosiTector body compatible with all PosiTector probes: SST, 6000, 200, RTR, SPG, DPM, SHD, UTG – one gauge converts with a probe swap from soluble salt tester to coating thickness gauge for metal or non-metal substrates, surface profile gauge, replica tape reader gauge, dewpoint meter, Shore hardness durometer, or ultrasonic wall thickness gauge
- Compatible with PosiSoft Desktop v4, PosiSoft.net, and PosiTector App for Apple & Android mobile devices.
- Two year manufacturer’s warranty