NEW TITLE HERE
Dakota Ultrasonics’ ZX-3 Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge combines rugged durability precision material thickness measurement between 0.025 and 36.00 inches to a resolution of .001 inch. The ZX-3 is also suitable for non-destructive corrosion inspection, tube and pipeline evaluation, evaluation for pitting and corrosion of tanks, boilers, tubes, pipes including pipelines, naval and other ships, and vessels of all kinds.
Hand-held ZX-3 UTG features extruded aluminum body, with nickel-plated aluminum end caps, sealed membrane keypad that is water and petroleum-resistant, and sealed-gasket end-caps to accommodate rough field conditions. ZX-3 is supplied with a dual-element transducer in 1 – 10 MHz frequency range, locking quick-disconnect LEMO connectors, and standard 4-foot cable.
Field-calibratable for a range of materials, ZX-3 offers great versatility and accuracy, and provides up to 45 hours of use with alkaline batteries.
Features of Dakota’s ZX-3 include automatic zero in addition to the standard manual zero; 40 – 52 dB GAIN in 3 dB steps; material selection from a number of common materials using the keypad; and selectable probe diameter to improve linearity of results.
Features of the Dakota Ultrasonics ZX-3:
- Single or two-point calibration option for extreme accuracy
- High speed scan mode at 100Hz
- Measuring range: .025 – 36.00 inches (0.63 to 914.4 mm)(dependant on material & transducer type)
- Resolution of .001 inch (.01 millimeter)
- Velocity range of 0.0120 to .7300 in/µs (305 to 18,542 m/sec)
- Scan mode: 16 readings per second; captures minimum thickness
- Imperial/metric switchable
- Uses dual-element pulse-echo transducer with 4–foot cable
- Custom transducers available on request
- 4.5 digit LCD display with .5″ numerals
- Display backlight is on/off/auto (illuminates only when taking a reading)
- Bar graph indicator of reading stability
- Factory calibration traceable to NIS & MIL-STD-45662A
- 5-year limited manufacturer’s warranty on the gauge against defects in material and workmanship
- 90-day manufacturer’s warranty against defects in material and workmanship on transducers