NEW TITLE HERE
The innovative PosiPatch uses a magnetic ring to hold it against the surface, so no adhesive is required. This means that the PosiPatch isn’t destroyed when removed from the surface, unlike conventional patches. After rinsing with de-ionized water, the PosiPatch can be used again.
The PosiPatch can be reused multiple times until water begins to leak through the air-permeable membrane or the seal against the substrate.
In our tests on freshly blasted steel with a typical 50-100 micron (2-4 mil) profile, PosiPatches were reused dozens of times with no noticeable wear or leakage. Patch life will vary depending on use – if dragged along the substrate, lifespan will be reduced.
DeFelsko believes that 10 uses is a very conservative estimate of lifespan and still yields the lowest per-test cost of any commercially available Bresle Method Patch.
Reusable patch with standard metal or Flexible Magnetic Ring.
For measuring salt contamination in accordance with ISO 8502-6, 9
- Magnetic ring attaches to steel with no residue to clean
- Standard Magnetic Ring for flat surfaces and diameters > 1m (40 in.)
- Flexible Magnetic Ring for ID/OD diameters > 10 cm (4 in.)†
- Automatic air removal through a watertight, air permeable membrane
- No sharps, no needles! Safe, flexible dispensing tip mates with PosiPatch
- Comparable price to latex patches
- Reusable patent-pending PosiPatch saves time and money
- Easy-to-use in any orientation
- Kits and Starter Packs are available with either Standard or Flexible Magnetic Ring
|Test Area||1250 mm2|
|Test Volume||2.5 – 3 ml|
|Patch Diameter||44.4 mm (1.75 inch)|
|Magnetic Ring Diameter||66.9 mm (2.6 inch)|
|Background Contamination||< mg/m2|