NEW TITLE HERE
The Tramex Dec Roof Scanner is a non-destructive electrical impedance moisture detector for roofing and waterproofing systems. Able to detect as little as 2% excess moisture to a depth of up to 6 inches, the DEC Scanner can moisture-scan up to 100,000 square feet per day.
Use of the Dec Scanner is easy to learn through Tramex’ instruction manuals and videos; no special licenses or courses are required to operate. Rolling over the flat roof surface, low-frequency electronic signal is generated and transmitted through the rubber electrode mat into the roof material. The return signal is measured to determine the moisture content of the material being tested, and areas of high moisture identified.
Tramex Dec Scanner features three sensitivity ranges to accommodate different types roofing materials:
- Range 1 – most suitable for single-ply and thin roof coverings such as PVC, Hypalon, and other smooth surfaces where insulation is wet and moisture close to the surface.
- Range 2 – most suitable for multi-ply built-up and modified systems, mineral-surfaced felts, and other smooth or gravel surfaces where insulation is less wet and moisture is below the surface.
- Range 3 – most suitable for thicker roof coverings such as mastic asphalt, thick gravel, and stone-surfaced roofing.
Features of the Tramex Dec Scanner for Moisture Measurement of Roofing Systems:
- Complies to ASTM D7954*
- Lightweight and portable
- Non-destructive impedance moisture meter
- Maximum depth of penetration is 6″ (152 mm)
- Three ranges of sensitivity enabling the inspection of a variety of roof membranes and insulation thicknesses
- Ergonomic easy-reach and easy to operate control panel
- Leak tracing, water leak detection, problem sourcing, and an instantaneous and clear indication of roof condition
- Fast readings over large roof areas in a short time frame
- Work in normal daylight hours
- Faster and more user friendly than nuclear meters
- Easy and safe to use with no regulatory restrictions or operating license required
- Dependable solid state circuitry and rugged molded body for long-term reliability
- Powered by two 9 Volt PP3 batteries (included)
*ASTM D7954 – Standard Practice for Moisture Surveying of Roofing and Waterproofing Systems Using Non-Destructive Electrical Impedance Scanners