NEW TITLE HERE
The Tramex RWS Roof and Wall Scanner is a multi-mode non-invasive impedance scanner designed for the instant, precise, and non-destructive evaluation of moisture conditions and leak tracing in roofing per ASTM D7954, and in wall systems of the building envelope. The Tramex RWS provides scanning, surveying, and leak tracing in the building envelope, including built-up, non-conductive single-ply membranes, modified and foam roofing systems, and EIFS (Exterior Insulation Finishing Systems), making it suitable for the Commercial Roofing Industry, EIFS, Water Restoration, Pest Control, and Inspection/Surveying. RWS is the ideal meter for testing wall or roof systems subjected to extreme rain storms or flooding to determine early whether water has seeped into the interior of the system or been absorbed into the structural members.
Excess moisture can exist in or behind EIFS or Roofing Systems without the visible signs of damp spots or decay showing on either side of the wall or roof surface. Hidden moisture can be trapped in the system, leading to rot and decay, which can result in the failure of the roof or wall, and even the structure itself. Wet insulation loses its thermal value, resulting in unnecessary heat loss or gain, which means it takes more energy and costs more money to keep your space environmentally controlled and comfortable.
Tramex RWS Roof and Wall Scanner uses the non-destructive principle of electrical impedance measurement – a low-frequency electronic signal is transmitted into the material being tested, which varies in strength relative to the amount of moisture present in the test material. The Tramex RWS measures the strength of the current, and displays the comparative moisture content on the analogue display.
RWS is handheld, and quick and easy to operate, with two operating modes for roofing and EIFS/Foam insulation systems, each with two ranges of signal penetration. Tramex Roof and Wall Scanner can be purchased individually, or in either a Roof Inspection Kit or an EIFS Inspection Kit, with other products and accessories for complete test and evaluation of either system (moisture, relative humidity, surface temperature measurement).
- Complies with ASTM D7954 – Standard Practice for Moisture Surveying of Roofing and Waterproofing Systems Using Non-Destructive Electrical Impedance Scanners
- For non-destructive moisture evaluation of roofs, EIFS, foam insulation systems, and other building envelope applications
- To evaluate the extent of the moisture problem and help trace and pin-point its source
- Multi-mode functions allowing for depth penetration and sensitivity selection
- Fast and easy to operate giving instant clear readings
- “Hold” function facilitates ease of recording readings
- Lightweight, handheld, and battery operated
- Telescopic handle (for use on roofs)
- Inexpensive to purchase and operate compared to other non-destructive testing methods