NEW TITLE HERE
Tramex Moisture Encounter requires no pins or probes to measure moisture in building materials including wood, drywall, timber, roofing, plaster, brick, and others. Using electrical impedance measurement, Moisture Encounter penetrates up to 1.25″* to detect moisture through most covering materials without having to puncture or damage the structure. ME5 external rubber electrodes contact the surface directly to increase accuracy and signal depth.
Excess moisture in the structural members of a building leads to damages including mould, rot, reduced insulation values, and failure of support members in floors, walls, and roofs. Tramex MEP Moisture meter identifies areas of excess moisture in wood studs, drywall and plaster, subfloor, laminates, and other areas at risk of damage from flood or water leakage, or chronically elevated humidity levels.
Wood-destroying pests, such as termites and wood ants, thrive in moist, humid conditions, making the identification of areas of excess moisture important to determining the presence and location of wood-destroying insects. The Moisture Encounter Plus identifies areas of excess moisture in the building structure so that Pest Management services know where to treat against wood-damaging pests.
*Penetration depth depends on the material being tested & meter setting.
Tramex Moisture Encounter features:
- Wood scale range of 5 – 30%
- 0 – 100 reference scale for non-wood materials
- Three ranges of sensitivity: Wood & Timber; Drywall & Roofing; Plaster & Brick – making it ideal for testing moisture conditions in various building materials
- Up to 1 ¼” (20 mm) penetration in wood and drywall; + 1 inch other materials
- Detects moisture through paint, wall paper, drywall, ceramic tiles, floor coverings, wood, ceiling tiles
- Easy-to-read display
- Hold function
- High moisture audible alarm
- Automatic shut-off when not in use
- Powered by a 9V PP3 battery